Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Why I'm blogging

Well, I have often been known to say I started powerlifting before this blogging thing caught on, so I missed my moment. Best I ever had before this was a training blog but I rarely kept up with it and it was really just to have all my "stuff" in one spot. Frankly though, the gym is more important than blogging what I did (it's all written old fashioned style in a series of notebooks piled up at the gym). I got connected with a fitness and nutrition group almost a year ago and in chatting with those folks and seeing the growth in their community, I started doing more rambling. In that, I often said "I don't blog, so you guys get this thought here..." And that happened a few times. Knowing I had this old account I could just find and log in to (thanks Google for making it so easy... I happily oblige in helping you take over the world), I decided maybe I would blog. Maybe no one will read it and maybe no one will care, but why shouldn't I at least write my thoughts down and then I have them shared. Heck, I wrote an article on strength sports and the value of visualization (as well as a brief guide on how to do it) and I spend countless hours tracking it down all the time when people ask about it... I'm not that organized in case that wasn't obvious. So, here's my blog... it's going to be various things but mostly it's going to be my thoughts and ideas that come based on the fact that I cannot disconnect my psychologist brain from the other aspects of my life. I've been a psychologist too long and I am annoyingly reflective and introspective (just ask my partner about the annoyingly part). I'm also passionate about powerlifting and so many aspects of our society and culture. I'll try not to get too personal and mushy too... blech!!

No comments:

Post a Comment